There are carpools that start off full of energy. It's all you can do to calm them down. Then there are other carpools when you can almost hear a pin drop.
Don't get me wrong. Every mom loves a quiet carpool. But sometimes it's just too darned quiet.
What’s going on?
Here are 6 conversation topics that get kids talking:
1. What's the coolest thing you heard today?
2. What did you do during recess?
3. What do you think your teacher does when she is not in class?
4. What's something fun you did outside today?
5. What is the strangest thing you've eaten?
6. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Usually, it only takes is a few small questions to get everyone chatting. Then you can ease out of the conversation and only jump in when necessary. But at the beginning, a few icebreakers can make the ride more comfortable for everyone.